Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cooompaaanyyyy...

As predicted, this weekend was fun.  We wined and dined and tried to spoil our guest as much as we could.  We ate alot.  And we smoked a sh!# ton of cigars, including me.  The boys LOVE cigars.  I normally don't smoke, but if you give me an "acid" cigar, I can't help myself.  It's like candy.  The only thing that I hate about it, is the name.  It's kind of awkward asking "Do you sell Acids?..uhh like the cigars...?".  Usually I end up insulting someone's intelligence or looking like a junkie. 
One of our first stops was Downing Street. A posh cigar lounge in River Oaks...Elliot loved his cigar. 



But...I loved my pineapple infused vodka martini even more so....I drank three of those suckers....!!!



A view of Downing Street's humidor...it's pretty cool, except they don't carry acids.  


And what did we do the next day?


We smoked some more.  For our Friday lunch we headed to Stogies.   Our lunch consisted of a smoke with an a drink.  Might I add that Stogie's owner is the definition of a "Gentleman".   Although we smoked our cigar at the next door joint, a restaurant called "Palms", the Stogies owner kept checking on us, making sure our cigars were still lit and that the restaurant staff was treating us properly.  What a Gent.  And his store is awesome.  It's sophisticated, charming, but very laid back and inviting. 

We also had to smoke and drink at the pool...with our proper Texan hat of course....


After much debauchery, we did manage to tourist around a bit.  Since my father in law had already done all the touristy Htown stuff (which are not much!), I decided that he should experience a culture shock at the Houston's Famer's Market.  From the herbs that alleviate hot flashes to the mango's on a stick, I wanted to show him what he was missing out in Rhode Island.  





We bought cherries, $2.00 for a cup.


And tomatoes, $1.00 per cup. 


And the grand finale, a $0.69 popsicle. Ross had banana, Elliot had watermelon, I had a rice popsicle...rice?! Yes.  Weird, but it was good.  


And then there was the peanut sack...


$60.00 for a sack of salted roasted Virginia peanuts? Not that bad actually....
Elliot really wanted to take a sack to Rhode Island.  


Another non touristy stop, Buchanans.  Who isn't into flower shopping?


Black eyed Susans..



And statues that made you feel in Zen....


A weekend full of cigars, Htown culture, beer and family


Until next time Papa in Law!








No comments:

Post a Comment